- Requirements between destinations, ports of origin & airlines, or modes of transport vary. Before your visit, we ask that you personally research what is needed for the destination you plan to travel to & the airline you plan to travel on, including the timeline for any test and/or vaccine requirements.
- The USDA APHIS (United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service) has provided a website where you can visit and view what every country and state requires from you when arriving and traveling to each destination. Please visit the USDA website: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel
- Masson Veterinary Hospital is not responsible for ensuring that veterinary services, flights, and/or any other transportation arrangements are booked in accordance with the requirements for travel.
- Health Certificates can only be issued on the day of an appointment and cannot be issued retroactively.
- The USDA will require a separate endorsement fee (varies between destinations and number of pets)
- Some destinations do not accept digitally endorsed health certificates & therefore a prepaid overnight envelope is required for the USDA to mail you your Health Certificate (Varies by destination, please check ahead with the USDA prior to your appointment). We will provide you that envelope for an additional fee.
- Some states require a CVI (Certificate of Veterinary Inspection) in order to be able to enter the state.
- International Traveling can be extremely stressful; we will guide you to the best of our knowledge to the right steps for a successful, stress-free travel experience!
We strongly recommend going to your airline’s website and assure that you meet all of your airline’s requirements as they may differ from the destination requirements.
Some airlines require health certificates while others do not so calling and checking in with them to understand their requirements before your appointment can help us get you and your pet ready for travel