USDA Certificates

International Health Certificates 

We do have an USDA certified veterinarian on staff.

Appointment Types & Fees

Please note that the prices listed do not include any diagnostic tests, medications, vaccines, or treatments. These will be charged in addition to the exam fee

Preparing for your appointment

Complete our pre-travel questionnaire & email it to ahead of your appointment to ensure you provide our veterinarians with all the information required for your appointment ahead of time.

Complete Health Certificate Form

Know What is Required!

  • Requirements between destinations, ports of origin & airlines, or modes of transport vary. Before your visit, we ask that you personally research what is needed for the destination you plan to travel to & the airline you plan to travel on, including the timeline for any test and/or vaccine requirements. 
  • The USDA APHIS (United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service) has provided a website where you can visit and view what every country and state requires from you when arriving and traveling to each destination. Please visit  the USDA website:
  • Masson Veterinary Hospital is not responsible for ensuring that veterinary services, flights, and/or any other transportation arrangements are booked in accordance with the requirements for travel. 
  • Health Certificates can only be issued on the day of an appointment and cannot be issued retroactively. 
  • The USDA will require a separate endorsement fee (varies between destinations and number of pets)
  • Some destinations do not accept digitally endorsed health certificates & therefore a prepaid overnight envelope is required for the USDA to mail you your Health Certificate (Varies by destination, please check ahead with the USDA prior to your appointment). We will provide you that envelope for an additional fee.
  • Some states require a CVI (Certificate of Veterinary Inspection) in order to be able to enter the state.
  • International Traveling can be extremely stressful; we will guide you to the best of our knowledge to the right steps for a successful, stress-free travel experience!

Airline Requirements

We strongly recommend going to your airline’s website and assure that you meet all of your airline’s requirements as they may differ from the destination requirements.

Some airlines require health certificates while others do not so calling and checking in with them to understand their requirements before your appointment can help us get you and your pet ready for travel

Rabies Titer (FAVN) Testing

A Rabies Titer Test is a test for the production of antibodies in your pet in response to a Rabies vaccine & is a requirement for some countries for entry with a pet. This test can only be run through the Kansas State Rabies Laboratory and can take 6 to 8 weeks turnaround from the time of your pet’s blood draw. This test can therefore impede your traveling plans, so please keep this in mind when booking your appointment and travel plans. 

The CDC has put a temporary ban on pets coming in from certain countries. If you are traveling to those countries with your pets, you may not be able to bring them back to the US. For more information,

Call us at (650) 652-5464 or request an appointment online for your pet’s health certificate.

Emotional Support Animals vs Service Animals

Most Emotional Support Animals are no longer recognized for airline travel unless they are registered service animals. If you are traveling with a registered service animal we recommend that you research what forms your airline may require you to complete prior to travel